Sunday, February 12, 2012

New painting, "The Journey"

OK, here it is!  The finished painting, that I called, "The Journey".  It was a struggle to finish this one, but it turned out to be one of my favorites that I've ever painted.  I brought it along to Karlyn's Paint-in last week, and the group really liked it.  In fact, it sold there!!! I love it because it tells a story of my journey as an artist, with lots of inspiration from all the friends in my life.  I try to surround myself with positive people.  No time for negative vibes!  And that tall person right next to me, would be my husband, my greatest support ever, and the love of my life!  I got permission from the buyer to keep it till the end of May, so I'll be able to show it at my open house, and it matches my sister's pillows so well.  I'm going to enter it in a national show also.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Looks like a winner and so nice when they show up unexpectedly. Of course if you weren't constantly working, no chance for something special to show up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has "Karen Knutson" all over it. It's your journey for sure! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun stuff! Love what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative Karen!!! I would love to join that painting group with Karlyn! It sounds a lot like Kiawah. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...