Thursday, July 5, 2012

Crazy Lady sketch

Sorry I haven't posted lately.  No excuses, just moving forward from here.  This is one of my daily 30 minute sketches.  I belong to a Facebook group called Urban Sketchers Midwest, and one of the members posted a drawing in which he scribbled as part of his skeching technique.  I loved it so much that I decided to do the scribbling technique in one of my Crazy Lady series. After scribbling the hair, and then scribbling the background, I filled in part of the scribbles, just like I used to do when I was a kid.  It was so much fun! Thanks to James Nutt for the inspiration.  

4 comments:

  1. Great idea incorporating scribbles. Love your Crazy Lady series!! Keep them coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the squiggle background and nice shading.
    It is amazing what you can create in 30 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, What a fun way to activate the drawing a bring all the elements together. I like how the hair morphs into the scribble and links the figure to the ground. And, the scribble has shape; fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your comments. I'm back to doing my 30 minute studies every single day. This one was lots of fun to do!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...