Thursday, January 9, 2014

First 9 Days- 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

"First 9 Days of 30 Paintings in 30 Days"
Leslie Saeta challenged artists to paint 30 Paintings in 30 Days, starting on January 1st.  For some reason, this has been a much harder task than last year.  Still I have always been the type to try to finish what I start. This has been fun to try to decide which bird I will do every day.  Tomorrow, it's a seagull! 
I thought many of my followers might want to learn about a fun website.  Leslie taught us how to use this last year, and I love having the ability to make my paintings into a tic tac toe format!  The website is called www.picmonkey.com  You don't even have to download anything on your computer to use it.  It's free!  Thanks so much Leslie, for showing me this great website! 

5 comments:

  1. They look terrific all together! And if you're having any struggle, it does not show! (Have you ever seen a Shoebill? Now there's a crazy, goofy bird.) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy! I actually AM struggling this time. I like my paintings, but they are taking a lot more time than I would like. I keep trying to remember to keep them simple, and then my hand just keeps making busy shapes!

      Delete
  2. I too am glad I learned about Picmonkey last Jan challenge. I am loving your colourful, abstract birds and think the first nine look so fantastic in a collage!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. Love that I've met so many new friends this time again in Leslie's challenge.

      Delete
  3. I really love your work Karen. I can not believe you do such complicated pieces for a daily challenge - kudos! Your birds are fabulous, and the one with the martini, and the puddle, really put a smile on my face! Looking forward to seeing more - Best to you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...