Monday, March 17, 2014

Drawing Challenge, Day 17

Today, I decided to do a drawing of a favorite sculpture of mine.  I've got many friends who all have loved ones that are having health problems, so they are all on my mind.  This sculpture says so much, I think.  It has laughter blanketed around her middle, centering her life.  She's looking up to the heavens, as if to have faith in a higher being, and her arms are wrapped around herself, saying that we need to love ourselves before anyone else can truly love us.  Last of all, I had only one garlic clove that I put at her base, for good luck to ward off evil spirits, just for good measure!  :)  Of course, it looks more like a strawberry than a garlic.  Oh, well!

1 comment:

  1. I can totally see garlic. (Also a strawberry - but only because you mentioned it!) Definitely a lot of feeling in this figure!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...