Friday, July 24, 2015

"Promise Granted", Acrylic painting with metallic accents

"Promise Granted"  Original Acrylic and metallic,  11" x 14"  $245
I'm preparing for my home studio workshop, "Painting Like Gustav Klimt", that starts next Tuesday.  One of the days, we will work abstractly.  This painting has gold foil paper on it, (much easier than gold leaf!) and metallic paint added for details.  I even did a little of my "wire drawing" on it. I'm so excited to share lots of fun techniques with the students!  It's a full class with a waiting list.  I did have a value plan when I started this painting, but it took on a life of it's own, halfway through. (See below)  In fact, I was ready to pitch it and start over at one point.  But I persevered and am very pleased with the outcome.  The title comes from the image of the round red shape that comes from a higher place.  I was thinking of my friend, Kathie George, who is battling cancer right now.  My prayers are with her.  If you get the chance, be sure to sign up for her blog.  She's such a great artist and a fantastic teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...