Thursday, January 12, 2017

Day 12: 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

"Time to Reflect"       $99 (Special discount price during January)
11" x 14" image       Original watercolor
This painting was such a pleasure to do.  I purposely kept is as simple as possible.  Picking only 3 colors, burnt sienna, cobalt blue and raw sienna. Then I wet both sides of the paper and put in the sky and then waited for a bit to add the distant tree mass, using thicker paint.  Then it was a waiting game to add salt and create back-spills and runs on purpose.  Timing is everything in this piece.  Although it was a pretty fast painting to do, you have to be pretty experienced painter to pull it off.  I would recommend reading Zoltan Szabo's books about this procedure.  He was one of the most influential artists for my instructor, when I first took classes back in 1985.  I love testing my timing skills with one of these from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...