Thursday, January 19, 2017

Day 19: 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

"North Shore Cove"    $99
11" x 14" image       Watercolor
For all you blog followers who are not from Minnesota, this is what our North Shore (of Lake Superior) looks like.  My favorite spots are Lutsen Resort, Solbakken Resort, and Cove Point Lodge. It is peaceful, quiet, and serene.  We used to own one of the condos at Lutsen Resort.  Beautiful area! In November, the waves can get as big as a house, but in summer, most of the time, the waves gently lap onto the rocks and really create the perfect sound for getting back to your inner soul.  Every year, I try to make it up there at least twice.  It's about a 5 hour drive from Minneapolis.  Life slows down there.  Even when you get groceries, the employee takes the time to ask you about your day, and gets into a conversation with you.  I remember the first time, when I was waiting in line, waiting for her to stop talking and start ringing up the person's groceries.  I was being impatient and was in my City Mode of busy, busy, busy.  Then, when it was my turn, I got the same friendly conversation.  That was a great life lesson, and it's when it struck me, to take it easy, and just breathe!  My blood pressure always goes down there.  This painting is available for only $99, during January.  Then after that, it goes back up to a normal price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...