Friday, January 20, 2017

Day 20: 30 Paintings in 30 days!

"Country Charm"       NFS
Image:  11" x 15"       Acrylic painting
My early years on a ranch were such happy memories.  Every now and then, I just need to paint a farm scene.  Actually, if we are getting specific, I was raised on a ranch in Montana.  No farms in that area, only ranches.  It was a great life!
This painting was so much fun to do!  Layers of acrylic.  Although I'm not a quilter, I kind of paint as if I'm quilting.  Weaving layers of different colors and adjusting the colors as I go.  I will be teaching more acrylic workshops in the future.  Check out my website for my workshop schedule.  This painting is going to be entered into a national show, so I can't sell it yet.  If you are interested, let me know.

4 comments:

  1. The grid like pieced-quilt feel of this piece, its bright colors, and its overlaps add up to be very compelling. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is a nice combination of landscape and contemporary abstract--a very exciting painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt quality. Feast for the eyrs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that about your work, the quilting of colors. Those trees on top are so gorgeous against that wonderful red. Love all of the texture within the colors. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...