Friday, January 27, 2017

Day 27: 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

"Jungle Fever"    $99  (SOLD)
Image:  11" x 15"      Watercolor
Today, I tried something new!  I started the painting by drawing random doodles on the paper using a really wet brush.  Then I floated the color into the wet lines and let the drips happen wherever they broke through.  After that was dry, I drew the bird on the paper, trying to have the line work break across the bird.  I'm excited about this procedure because I now have a new lesson to teach for the next couple of years.  Below is the start of this painting.  To learn more, you will have to take one of my workshops!  (wink, wink) :)  Check my website for future workshops.  I've got a full schedule, traveling to many states on the East and West coast.
Beginning stages of "Jungle Fever"

6 comments:

  1. This painting really caught my eye. It is unique and intriguing. Like Frank Webb once said - "What I value most of all is a creative concept." Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing you, Jen. Sure looking forward to the Paint-in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you too! Playing with this lesson, but still want to sign up! Might be our addition to the one here a few years from now! 😉
      See you soon!

      Delete
  3. Great idea, Karen. You always seem to come up with a new thing, that's what makes your workshops so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...