Sunday, January 29, 2017

Day 29: 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

"Sunrise on the Shore"        $99  SOLD
Image size:  11" x 15"       Watercolor
This painting was painted totally wet into wet.  I wondered why I wanted to paint in yellow today, and then happened to notice that our walls are painted yellow at our rented condo.  Yes, the colors around us do truly affect our color choices.  I've painted lots more yellow paintings since I've been in FL than I ever did in MN. One trick that I do when painting skies is to add the opposite color under the cloud masses.  In this case is was a dusty purple, created by mixing cerulean blue, Davinci Red Rose Deep, and a touch of New gamboge. The muted complimentary color makes the yellow even brighter.  That grey/purple color is in the rocky ground on the left side too.  Tomorrow is the last day of this 30 Day Challenge.  I can't believe it!  Check back at my past blogs to see if you want to purchase any now.  Remember, the prices will change in February. These prices are only good in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...