Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Day 4 : 30 Paintings in 30 Days


"On Golden Pond"     $99 (special price during January)
Image Size:  11" x 14"     Original Watercolor
Since I was traveling in the car a good part of today, I decided to do a really simple landscape. When I teach landscape painting workshops, we warm up by painting a little 5" x 7" painting and I actually set the timer for 5 minutes.  Yes, we complete a painting in only 5 minutes.  The students like this so much, they don't want to stop!
So, I had never tried this fast process on a quarter sheet painting, but it worked pretty well.  I had to work very fast! I wet both sides of the paper several times before beginning.  You have to decide on your colors before beginning.  There is no time to contemplate this once you have started.  I work wet into wet, and changing to thicker paint as you move along on the painting.  Everything banks on getting the right wetness of the paper, and the thickness of paint.  So, this painting took only 15 minutes to complete!  How about that?

3 comments:

  1. Really nice work, especially nice for only 15 minutes-your planning was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing. I can tell this is something you've done a lot. There's nothing like practice and experience in getting that paint and water ratio to work for you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...