Monday, January 9, 2017

Day 9 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

"Birch Tree Study of Erin White"     NFS
11" x 14"     Original Watercolor   
I could do 100 paintings of birch trees and still not fun out of ideas.  I may do more of these during this challenge.  It would be fun to try different color combinations.  The lighter grey color in this one was achieved by mixing burnt sienna and manganese blue, and the dark gray color was mixed using ultramarine blue and burnt sienna.  It was lots of fun to do!   It's great to be influenced by other artists, but you should always make it your own. Thoughout my painting career, there are 3 artists who I consider to be the top birch tree painters: Russell Norberg, Kay Sharkey, and Erin White.  This painting is a study of Erin White's birch painting.  Although I changed it a lot, it still looks too much like hers, so it will remain part of my private collection.  I feel very strongly about that.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...