Saturday, February 3, 2018

Day 3 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

"Recollecions"    7" x 10"
Watercolor and Collage     $75
I am a big fan of Frank Lloyd Wright and my goal when I started this was to get more geometrical angles in this painting.  I collaged with old pattern pieces, which I used back in the day when I sewed most of my clothing.  You didn't know that about me, did you?  Colors used in this painting were scarlet lake, ultramarine blue, burnt sienna, raw sienna, new gamboge, and Holbein cobalt turquoise.  It always amazes me how these turn out.  I just let the painting guide me as I go along. Many of you have requested progressive photos.  Here are the steps to this painting:
Step One, Dry brush with watercolor
Step 2:  Add Collage

7 comments:

  1. You're inspiring me to try more abstracts! I love the geometrics here. And your process. I was going back through your art, and it's so unique. Thank you for being so generous with showing your process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen - I also love the work of FLW. You captured the essence of his work beautifully in color and design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing the steps to this piece. It is a super painting and knowing how you did it makes it even more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen, I like the lines and collage pieces. The work is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful and thank you so much for letting us in on your interesting process. It looks quite freeing and joyful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So in love with the Karen!! Enjoy see the progression, love the colors, shapes, mood! I think Frank would have welcomed it in any one of his homes ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...