Sunday, February 4, 2018

Day 4 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

"Hidden Butterflies"     7" x 10"
Watercolor and Collage     $95
Somewhere in the middle of this painting, I decided to add images of butterflies.  My objective was to make this painting abstract first and then if the viewer happened to find the butterflies that was great, but that wasn't what I want the viewer to see first.  I told you that my colors would most likely change after I had been in Florida a few days and it really has!  Our view of a golf course with all the greens and a small pond outside our house is totally influencing my color choices. 

4 comments:

  1. and I see dragonflies in this beautiful one - isn't it interesting how our travels and surroundings influence our ART BRAIN?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen - I am so enjoying your work each day! FYI-the butterflies were not the first thing I saw. The colors and shades of green, blue and brown/ochre are what first caught my eye. :o)
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Hidden Butterflies. I look forward to following you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool. I really like the colour change - but I liked the colour combo before too. -H'm maybe I just like your work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...