Thursday, March 1, 2018

Day 29 or 30 Days in 30 Days!

"Love is in the Air"     $75
Acrylic         7" x 10"
Second day of Karlyn's Paint-in and when I looked at what I had started yesterday, I just wasn't ready to tackle that large painting.  So I grabbed a small 7" x 10" that I had the first layer already on.  It was so fun to paint with pinks, greens and oranges.  A fun color scheme!   Below is the first layer, done by dropping acrylic on the surface and scraping it with a credit card.
I used a wire drawing that was in my sketch book and drew the figures on the under-painting. I'm having so much fun reconnecting with other artists and truly basking in the fact that I'm sitting next to Karlyn Holman for 5 full days.  We have so many laughs together and share lots of tricks with one another.  So, this is all I accomplished in one full day, but I'm not sorry.  Enjoying the moment!  And enjoying the process! 

Wire Drawing that I used for a value study

5 comments:

  1. Hi Karen. For some reason my comment on your wonderful dragonfly did not get published.
    I love today's painting and the wire drawing version by itself is truly a work of art!
    I have so enjoyed following you this month and will continue to do so. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! So INTERESTING to look at. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you shared how this became your Day 29 piece. I am so intrigued by your words "wire drawing' - no experience with that one. HEY only ONE more! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you are having a great time as well as learning. I like the way you only use part of your first layer; I have trouble with that part - sigh! Another super painting Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one also. I think I’m drawn to your figures in abstract and wire drawing. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...